Sunday, November 29, 2009

Rain, wind, and television

There was a storm, followed by bright sunshine. Lovely. Unfortunately it all disappeared behind grey clouds again, and the rain was back. I feel ... um... why is it that the word which comes to mind is French? Anyway, I'm on the sofa with a blanket, watching a tv programme of some marvellous aerial films and interesting commentary on views of the world. The commentator said that at picking-time the fields are among the most colourful sights on Earth. Looked luridly eye-searing to me. At the same time he pointed out, over a clip of spraying machines, that the tulip industry is among the highest users of pesticide and that the Netherlands is responsible for a large proportion of pesticide input to the North Sea.

I never did like tulips.

Then the adverts come on, and one of my least-favourite food megalocompanies is advertising the chocolate to end all chocolate, which is apparently nothing more than the old chocolate in a new shape; moreover, it's advertised using a bored-looking model and half a ton of greasy cosmetics.

Maybe I should just turn it off and go and do something more interesting instead?

No comments: