Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Raining like it was England

Yesterday it was very windy.
Today it rains.
Where is Summer?

Yesterday was another very high tide, along with the wind. There has been work on strengthening and raising dykes since Xynthia, and as far as I know there were no big disasters.

Christian the butcher, in his shop at the gate, was discussing the unusually miserable weather. I mentioned driving to Dresden next week to sing with the marvellous Monica Buckland: he said I'm going in the wrong direction for the sun, and I should re-plan the trip. Then he asked how the weather is in England, where I shall be going next. Apparently it's snowing again there.

Well, the weather in Dresden may be cool but the welcome of the other singers will be warm, and the music will be magnificent.

No comments: