Monday, July 26, 2010

Sleepy Sunday

Having found the correct phone number for Autonational Rescue in France, I spoke to someone who was very helpful. Then I had to find out where my car had been taken. The breakdown-truck person turned out to be M. Wallon, whose garage is 7 kms back north on the RN1. It being Sunday, there's nothing much he can do yet.

I slept part of the day, chatted to people in the hotel and watched tv for the rest. Also at the hotel are three Australians whose car had broken down on the way to Calais. They're heading for Edinburgh where one of them is starting work next week; his partner has a job interview too.

The hotel is cheap-ish and comfortable and the staff are friendly, though the food is not up to usual French standards. The cheese in the salad was sliced plastic! What kind of clientele do they get?! There's no internet, and after many more phone calls it seems that I shall be here until Thursday. I should have picked up some of the books as well as the laptop.

No comments: