Sunday, August 01, 2010

Not quite there and back again

The parts arrived for the repair of the car, but they were the Wrong Parts.

Meanwhile, there was somewhat of a disaster in the family, and I was desperate to return to them. The breakdown company (Autonational Rescue), or rather the agents of their French counterpart (IMA) were wonderful, in particular Indra who was dealing with my case: she arranged for me to get back to England by taxis and trains, leaving the car with M. Wallon.

Family disasters have improved now, and, provided that the Right Parts have arrived chez M. Wallon, I should be able to collect the car next week and continue the interrupted journey to Charente Maritime.

Now, this accident report from for the insurance company... I don't suppose anyone knows the name of the tyre place in Norwich where I had the wheels and tyres checked before ALUG Narchpubmeet? No? And I didn't get the names of the gendarmes: not that they seemed at all worried about reports, so even if the insurance company try to contact them there may not be much information. I don't think they even asked for my name - they just sorted everything out and were hugely helpful and supportive and then disappeared like Lone Rangers.

No comments: