Friday, September 04, 2009

Hey ho, the wind but no rain

It's windy. Very windy. Nothing seems to have blown away, although there were bangs and clatters all night (as well as the frequent sound of the alarm on the swimming pool at the gite across the field). I was awake much of the night, worrying about the over-dry trees and disturbed by the faint rattling from the new shutters, which sounded like someone knocking on the living-room window. Consequently I'm tired and don't feel like doing much; I think washing my hair will be the main task of the day.

Yesterday I failed at building a piece of Ikea furniture! Usually they are so easy, but this one defeated me. It's now a Tate-Modern-style collection of metal tubes on the third-bedroom floor, and there is nowhere for the visitor to hang her clothes.

The sunshine is back and I'm going to spend a lazy few hours reading, while my hair dries.

No comments: