Friday, October 27, 2006

LinuxWorld Expo

Debian stand. "Best linux distro ever."

New tshirt. Won a goat at hoopla.
Took a video of 4 NZ'ers and a giraffe doing a Linux chaka.

Found a surprising number of 'doze users on the other stands, and attempted to convert them (though I shall never know if successful). Chatted with the Oracle guys about the good old days of command-line installation.

Pub quiz. "My" team the Cute Gnomes (er, I don't remember actually answering any questions) were joint winners and received a goat, which was given to me. The other winning team also got a goat.
Subsequent Goat sex.

Another bus, another pub. Some drunken DD kept appearing next to me and insisting that I should become a Debian Developer, in spite of all protest. He introduced me to Sledge to further this plan. Sledge said I can attend the Cambridge bug-squashing this weekend, and I am permitted to squash bugs. "Ants, beetles, mosquitos - as many as you like."

I gave a goat to Noodles. Photo of Noodles the Evil Mastermind, with his goat.

Short video of Noodles the EM. Warning: turn down the sound!

No comments: