Friday, June 27, 2008

Delivery and electrickery, cherry-ripe

The bread delivery-van which comes to the hamlet on Tuesday, Friday, and Saturday has a rather quiet horn, and today I didn't hear it. Bread delivery-person appeared in the kitchen with my baguette and said not to worry if I don't get down to the road, because [trans.] she "doesn't speak well but her legs work ok" (she's had throat cancer).

And then someone phoned from EDF to ask if I really really want the 3-phase changed to single-phase today because it will cost lots to change it and contrary to what callcentredroid said it costs no more on the standing charge, and he also assured me that it's not a problem for new work. So it's not being changed; however, sorry to disappoint certain friends, I'm not putting in any large machinery.

And for lunch I have the rest of a large bag of cherries from neighbour's tree.

Nice people - *happy sigh*

Though now I have to tell the electrician that she will have to work with 3-phase.

No comments: