Thursday, September 25, 2008

Warm steps and new housemate

The nights are getting chilly but the days are still hot. I just ate lunch sitting on the steps, and am regretting not putting on sunscreen. If I didn't have to work this afternoon/evening I'd go to the beach.

The metal thingies along the bottom of the doorframes keep beasties out quite well: even ants don't find a way over them. Flying beasties get in, of course, and once the Terrace Gecko investigated the open kitchen window but changed its mind when it saw me watching. Yesterday evening a baby gecko scurried over the doorstep and into the kitchen, and disappeared. I've just seen it - it seems to have made a home under the washing-machine, which is fine at the moment (geckos are excellent housemates because they eat insects), but this evening the washing-machine will be switched on...

No comments: