Thursday, February 10, 2011

Lemon tree

M'friends mentioned that there are small lemon trees for sale at a reduced price in the garden-shop in Pons and that they were thinking of getting one. I know I shouldn't be spending money at the moment, with windows still to pay for, but I've wanted a potted lemon tree ever since seeing Ginette's which appears to be permanently covered in fruit. So of course I said metooplease.

It's arriving tomorrow. It's quite small but already fruiting. It will have to live in the salle for the moment, until the cold nights are over.

M'friend referred to it as 'he' so perhaps it/he should have a name. I'm not sure a tiny lemon tree presents as male, though.

[Update]
It has been named Darcy (or Darcey), with thanks to Oxford Reader. You can think of it as an elegantly handsome Austen character or an elegantly beautiful Principal Ballerina.

Ten lemons on such a tiny plant!

No comments: