Friday, March 18, 2011

Furniture, fowl, and friendly neighbours

Fasting does strange things to my time-sense (such as it is). I've only just realised how long it is since I posted, and now I can't remember what's been happening.

A friend sold me a big sofa, a single bed, and 8 dining chairs. The old sofa and armchair have been moved upstairs to make a sitting-room. Friend also donated an aged 2-seater sofa which can be split into two chairs, and which is now on the terrace for comfy seatage. It's a shame that since the furniture was delivered it's been cool, windy, and generally unsuitable for sitting outside.

Payment for the furniture almost emptied my bank account. There has been income into my UK account, so I shall be able to transfer money across, but the pound is once more very unwell. Please encourage MPs and pundits to make pound-supportive statements (for a change). Just until the transfer is done, ok?

I went to the opening of the new shopping area at Jonzac, just to look: not having any money, I couldn't buy any tat, which is a Good Thing.

Ginette seems to like the new sofa: she's been stopping off for a rest and a gossip a couple of times a day when she passes on the way to feed the rabbits and hens. The hens don't think much of the weather; the other evening when the wind was howling she found them huddled against a tree, looking very pathetic. Of course, they haven't been laying. Shop eggs just don't compare; however, she just brought over six little eggs from the bantams, which appear to be hardier. When you eat them, think of me, she said :)

Denis has hurt his shoulder and can't cut more wood. There is enough for five or six days, so it's fortunate that warmer weather is returning next week. I hope he recovers soon, because he gets very bored if he can't be busy.

No comments: