Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Spring and song

Or perhaps Flowers and I Fagiolini.

The Striggio Mass in 40 parts is doing splendidly in the charts. It's so exciting. I am very much looking forward to collecting my CD next month. Robert's videos are a wonderful bonus: I particularly like the new one in which he gives us hints on listening (I'm not sure that was the intention). With his usual enthusiasm, he appears to lose himself in the music towards the end, and I could imagine the people on the desk saying oi Robert, that's enough and then cutting off the recording ;).

I was so privileged to be in that central spot during part of I Fagiolini's rehearsal: it's a memory to treasure.

And the flowers? As well as all the joyous blooming in the garden, there is a vase full of highly-perfumed and strongly-coloured hyacinths in the kitchen, a present from Ginette.

No comments: