Saturday, May 23, 2009

Broomstick replacement

Broomstick's controller finally expired almost a year ago. As all my money has gone into house renovation (curse the fallen pound), I couldn't replace it. They are much dosh, those wheelchair trike conversions.

Sis#3 decided to start a fund for a replacement as a birthday present. So, with much gratitude to her and those who pledged donations, I announce the ordering of a Viper Broomstick, from a different and more reliable source.

A completely new machine would cost nearly £4,000 including wheelchair and mountainbike wheels, and sadly my friends and family aren't quite that rich. Team Hybrid kindly agreed to make use of any parts of old Broomstick which they can. This means I have to transport old Broomstick to Fareham next month, and collect new Broomstick a few days later, but it will save on the cost, and I'm going to visit $Friend in Eastleigh.

One annoying thing. They can use the battery rack. Now, I had a spare battery rack which I decided to throw away when I moved. You know how it is - you store junk for ages and finally have a clear-out and then next day you need that rare and expensive wossit for the first time in 10 years? Yup. I just checked Broomstick and its battery rack is rusted.

No comments: