Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Another town party

Today was the first time I've been to the market in the next-little-town-north. There's not much in it: mostly a big fruit and vegetable stall. Suits me; though I glanced briefly in the direction of the clothing stall and averted my eyes before temptation struck.

Then back to St Dizant, through the ripening grapes and sunflowers. Some of those seedheads are enormous. Coming out of the little supermarket, having bought milk and cheese and a packet of breton biscuits (oops), I was greeted by the mayor. Odd, I thought, why is he wearing old jeans and a scruffy tshirt on a work day? Is it like BT managers showing that they've come in to the office on their day off? But no, he was part of the team building the stage for tonight's Spectacle.

I worked this morning so I ought to be able to sneak out for an hour this evening. It starts at 10 and doesn't finish until 1am.

No comments: