Saturday, August 09, 2008

Listen Again - we love it

I've discovered The Blackburn Files, one of the mislaid pearls brought back by BBC7. Rapid, deadpan wordplay; interesting and very varied musical comments (Philip Glass, Mozart, Zambian reggae, and John Cage figure). And the main character is played by Fine Time Fontayne. I'm really looking forward to Monday's episode.

"And a cravat like a tortured gecko". Reminds me, the terrace lizard ran over my bare foot last week. Not as exciting an incident as having an iguana run over one's foot, of course. These small lizards move too fast to be seen properly, so it wasn't until later when it sat in the window to watch me wash up that I saw its colours. It's green and gold. Of course :)

[ADDENDUM]
"Is he a post-modernist?" "He is now."
"... art school... You were asked to leave. Non-attendance." "I was always a bit of a minimalist."
"Pull yourself together, man! We're in an Oxfam shop!"
"He's gone to London. Shark-infested waters. And him in a rubber dinghy."

No comments: