Tuesday, August 19, 2008

New room! Ooh!

Ex-housemate and ex-housemate's husband were staying at my place for the first week I was back in UK, with two of their friends. In return for cheap holiday they offered to Do Stuff, and we thought it was going to work out well with the builders on Plan C[0].

However, it didn't work out. I was rather disappointed. Builders emailed on Friday (while I was offline in York) to say they could start yesterday, and were my friends available to help... oh well. I read the email when I got back south, and replied to say no but there's a key with Really Friendly Neighbour.

Today they sent photos of the beginning of the work. It's so exciting! :)

[0] Plan A was to start work at the beginning of August. Plan B, after discovering they couldn't get the necessary materials, was to start in September. Plan C was after they found a place which would sell them some of the materials in August.

No comments: