Thursday, August 07, 2008

Gardening

I didn't get round to watering the herbs and tomatoes and courgettes yesterday evening. No matter, we had Storm. It was very wet and very loud - so loud that insects and spiders were trying to take refuge in the kitchen. One huge moth was so desperate, it knocked itself out bashing on the door.

Earlier, when it was still dry and sunny, I was sunk in a deep pit of xml, trying to unravel my nested lists. There was a very noisy vehicle outside. I almost went to see what kind of agricultural behemoth was going up and down the lane, but didn't dare risk breaking concentration. Suddenly there was a knock on the door, and m'neighbour asked me to move my car from under the tree... because he'd brought his new toy round and was cutting my lawn^Wweeds with it. Cross between a small quadbike and a mower. Looked great fun. I do like my neighbours :)

No comments: