Monday, May 26, 2008

I know where my towel is, and wear the Lilac in remembrance

Yesterday there was a small river running by the house. The rain falls heavily between periods of bright sunshine, and so I washed my hair and dressed up (the Towel[0] wrapped round hair, and the Lilac[1] at breast, because it was the 25th of May) and then stayed at home doing 'net searches for furniture and music events and markets and routes to the railway stations.

I applied for two jobs, both editing work, with help and support from sis#3 on the terrifying business of The Covering Letter (two different letters because the two jobs are very different).

Later the sun came back and an English part-time neighbour (EPTN) came over to issue an invitation for drinkies and to meet more neighbours, this evening. And (oh the joy of BBC7) I listened to "Baldi" - about an Italian-background Franciscan lecturer in philosophy who uses semiotics to solve murders. In Dublin. With David Threlfall (the dozy one in Nightingales).

Today, two strawberries and some cherries for breakfast, eaten as they were picked. There are cherries too high for me to reach; I thought, never mind, happy birds - but it's the ants that eat them!

Other half of the ENPTN took down the planks and fastenings over one of the windows in La Grande Salle (aka the barn), so that the afternoon sun can warm the house. Later in the year I shall probably be desperately trying to cool it, but for now it's lovely to have the golden light on the stone walls.

[0] for Douglas
[1] for pterry and the Alzheimers appeal

No comments: